1.09.2011

Weekends are hard.

Don't get me wrong. I love weekends. I just subscribe to the version of weekends I had when I was a kid:" Get as much playtime in as you can until you have to go back to school on Monday." Now I am an adult, and weekends are supposed to mean "Get as much stuff done you couldn't do during the week before you have to go back to work on Monday." The difference is striking, and now, more than ever, I miss being a kid. This weekend I succumbed to my inner child and spent more sequential time in front of the TV than I have in a long time. I watched Netflix and played video games until I couldn't stand it anymore.
Now for those of you reading this and thinking, "Wow, my wife would kill me," know that my wife was beside me the whole time. She's been fighting morning sickness and this weekend she left the house in my dubiously capable hands and rested. For those worried about the state of our house now, it is still standing. The bathrooms got cleaned this weekend, and I managed to stay on top of the dishes (mostly). Two or three loads of laundry even got washed. But school starts tomorrow, and so I think that's why the kid in me reigned supreme this weekend.
Neither Kim or I are really looking forward to this particular semester, since scheduling around a pregnancy and a needy 1 year-old while nether of you are home is rough. I've never been a huge fan of school anyway, so we fought against the establishment with laziness. Now we're going into the new semester with a cluttered house, and no enthusiasm. I'm sure we'll make it through, but if I become a recluse for the next 4 months, now you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment